[ZODB-Dev] Ordering before commit hooks

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Fri Aug 5 14:33:01 EDT 2005

[Julien Anguenot]
>> The order argument could be an integer with a default value to 0 added
>> to the registration method.

[Gary Poster]
> I usually like the word 'priority' for this sort of value, rather than
> 'order'.  To me 'order' implies unique value--i.e., with 'order' I am
> mildly surprised to learn that two entries may have  the same order.  I
> am not surprised that two entries may share a priority.

It's wholly unclear to me, given a callback with associated value 0 and
another with associated value 9999999, which one is supposed to be invoked
first.  If the parameter is called "priority", then I'd expect 9999999 to
"win"; if it's called "order", then 0.

It's certainly easy to implement.  The Collector will remain open all
weekend for patches <wink>.