[ZODB-Dev] POSKeyError with Zope 2.7.2, suddenly appeared, thendisappeared...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 05:34:02 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:

> When mass conversion to Python's logging module was done, it doesn't look
> like anyone addressed this per se.  Instead, in ZODB, new (relative to what
> comes built in) BLATHER and TRACE levels were added to Python's logging
> module (the logging module has an API for adding as many logging levels as
> you can dream up).  In ZODB 3.3, this is set up in the teensy
> ZODB/loglevels.py.

Aha, I know I regularly add a REPORT level that's slightly more
important than INFO (which gets abused way to much, IMNSHO) but not an
error or warning.

I guess everyone should have a log-level-geddon at some stage, but it
hardly seems like a priority...

> I can't agree that info level was inappropriate here, at least not without a
> lot more thought than I can give to it now.  A problem with ZEO is that
> people normally want a way to tell that ZEO is still _alive_ in info-level
> logs.

I think if people want that, they should drop the log's level to debug,
trace or blather...

> In any case, it doesn't make much sense to be _concerned_ about a message
> that logs itself at info level.  If the code thought it was a bug condition,
> it would have logged it at warn/problem, error, or fatal/critical level.

true enough...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk