[ZODB-Dev] ConflictError: database conflict error

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jan 6 13:37:30 EST 2005

Bob Horvath wrote at 2005-1-6 00:21 -0600:
>Great.  I have a Data.fs file with some serious problems. I am tempted
>to just start over from scratch.  The main thing I am afraid of losing
>is the member information.  Is there any easy easy to just export and
>import the member information out of a Zope site?

Yes. You can simply export the "acl_users" (using "Import/Export").

Import is a bit more difficult.
The following approach is one working (there are more, but there
are more difficult to explain):

  * create an Emergency User (--> HowTo on Zope.org)

  * log in as this user

  * delete your "acl_users"

  * import the previously exported "acl_users"

>On this specific problem, would it do anyone any good to look at my
>Data.fs file to help debug it?  Or is the problem most likely beyond
>where it could easily be debugged.

I do not think that the problem you have reported has to do
with a broken "Data.fs". It looks as if the software were buggy
or the system in a very curious state.

I already saw another (single) message with this
"now 000...000" problem. Thus, you are not alone.
I never met it myself and it appears to occur very very rarely.

Maybe, you upgrade your Zope, as Tim has suggested, and hope
that the problem was fixed. As Tim said, a serious problem
has been fixed that might bring the system in a very
curious state...

--
Dieter