[ZODB-Dev] ConflictError: database conflict error

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu Jan 6 14:47:44 EST 2005

[Dieter Maurer]

> I do not think that the problem you have reported has to do with a broken
> "Data.fs". It looks as if the software were buggy or the system in a very
> curious state.
>
> I already saw another (single) message with this "now 000...000" problem.
> Thus, you are not alone. I never met it myself and it appears to occur
> very very rarely.

I did a Google search on

    ConflictError serial 0000000000000000

last year, and that's very effective (there aren't many articles about
celebrities containing those words <wink>).  It only found a handful of
reports, most of them dating back to Zope 2.5, and migrating to Zope 2.6.

If anyone here can translate what I presume is Russian, here's a report from
last June that had this problem with oid 1(!):

    http://itconnection.ru/pipermail/zopyrus/2004-June/008616.html