[ZODB-Dev] ConflictError: database conflict error

Bob Horvath zodb at horvath.com
Fri Jan 7 01:18:42 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:

>You haven't said which versions of Zope and ZODB you're using, but I can see
>from the ConflictError message that at least your ZODB isn't current (for
>example, the serials it calls "was" and "now" are swapped, which has been
>repaired).  There have been complex bugs in the interactions between Zope
>and ZODB that could cause some kinds of flaky database behavior, such as
>
>    http://collector.zope.org/Zope/789
>
>I don't know that this is biting you; it's simply the only systematic source
>of software-caused Data.fs problems I know of.

It is pretty old...

Zope Version
(Zope 2.6.2 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, freebsd4)
Python Version
2.1.3 (#1, Sep 4 2003, 14:05:37) [GCC 2.95.4 20020320 [FreeBSD]]

...but because of POSKeyErrors I have been unable to solve, I have not
been able to upgrade it.

I need to figure it out as before it was only one of my domains that was
having trouble.  Now most of them do!

(Sorry Tim, for sending straight to you.  I am used to lists that set
the reply-to to the list)