[ZODB-Dev] ConflictError: database conflict error

Bob Horvath zodb at horvath.com
Sun Jan 9 00:46:28 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:

>[Bob Horvath]

>[Dieter Maurer]
>

>>>When the transaction started, the object with oid "cd23" did not exist
>>>(this means "now 0000...000") but now that you want to commit, there is
>>>one with serial "3597...bdd".
>>>
>>>I think this should not happen! Looks like a bug.
>>>

>[Bob]
>

>>Great.  I have a Data.fs file with some serious problems.
>>

>The info here may help diagnose/repair it, and prevent more trouble:
>
>    http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FileStorageBackup

That page is excellent.  I am surprised I hadn't googled it before.

>>On this specific problem, would it do anyone any good to look at my
>>Data.fs file to help debug it?  Or is the problem most likely beyond
>>where it could easily be debugged.
>>

>Not enough info here to say.  What does fstest do?

fstest is silent (without the verbose flag)

> If that's OK, what does
>fsrefs say?  (If `fstest` and `fsrefs` leave you scratching your head, you
>haven't read the link above yet <wink>.)

fsrefs is not silent.  Two objects "failed to load" and there were 279
"missing".

I should mention that I am running 2.7.0 versions of these scripts on a
fs file created by 2.6.2.

The output from them are at...

http://files.horvath.com/fstest.out
http://files.horvath.com/fsrefs.out
http://files.horvath.com/fsdump.out  (very large)

So what do you do with  a file like that?