[ZODB-Dev] how big can a ZODB get?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jan 12 11:03:27 EST 2005

Victor Ng wrote:
> Thanks for the info Jim, where can I find information on ZODB tuning?

Alas, documentation is a major problem with ZODB.  I'm sure there
are sources out there. Hopefully, google is your friend.  Probably
most of the information relares to ZODB in Zope.

> I'm running ZODB 3.3 right now and I'm not sure where to start looking
> for the 'knobs' I need to turn.   I found one reference to tuning the
> ZODB from Jeremy Hylton from 2002 :
>
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2002-November/003675.html
>
> But that's about it.  Are there separate tuning docs when using the
> ZEO with ZODB?  Where can I find information?

I don't have any pointers at hand.  Hopefully, someone else
here does.

We really need to make a concerted effort on documentation.

Jim