[ZODB-Dev] how big can a ZODB get?

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Wed Jan 12 17:36:07 EST 2005

[Jeremy Hylton]
> The old terminology was to talk about persistent objects and
> non-persistent subobjects.  It is confusing (even with capitalization of
> Persistent) to talk about non-persistent objects that are actually
> persisted in ZODB.  It's just the manner of their persistence; do they
> have a name (oid) of their own?

Oh, I *like* the "second-class" nomenclature!  To be a Jeremyism isn't
necessarily a bad thing.  To be told that something *is* a Jeremyism is a
helpful thing regardless, just as it could be helpful if you told someone
that when I say "vicissitudinous epiphenomenon" they're not likely to find
out more about Timmyisms on Google <wink>.