[ZODB-Dev] Increasing the number of ZODB developers

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Wed Jan 19 16:12:54 EST 2005

[Dieter Maurer]
>>> I expect the same contributor agreement is necessary as for Zope, i.e.
>>> with the promise to defend ZC against any patent claim associated with
>>> checked in material.
>>>
>>> Right?

[Jim Fulton]
>> Yup

[Jeremy Hylton]
> I guess that puts me in the same boat.  I can't sign the contributor
> agreement because of the indemnification clause.

So don't check anything in yourself -- leaving aside whether the contributor
agreement is reasonable, you can't be asked to sign one just to talk about
ZODB.  You and Dieter both have advanced knowledge of ZODB already, and the
less-experienced sprinters generally do the typing anyway (and, by
implication, the committing).  You can come to the sprint and just heckle,
if you like.  OTOH, I expect you (Jeremy) will be in the Python AST-branch
sprint instead regardless -- right?