[ZODB-Dev] Increasing the number of ZODB developers

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Jan 21 09:59:37 EST 2005

--On Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2005 15:41 Uhr -0500 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com>
wrote:

>> I expect the same contributor agreement is necessary as for Zope,
>> i.e. with the promise to defend ZC against any patent claim
>> associated with checked in material.
>>
>> Right?
>
> Yup

The indemnification clause "Committer indemnifies ZC against violations".
This clause
is in fact a very general clause which says all and nothing. Can ZC sue me
if I commit some
GPL code or if commit the Windows sources? I am aware that are must be some
clause to protect
ZC in some way. On the other hand I wonder whether  such a clause could be
enforced or not and  whether general
clauses are compatible with national law. Ok, you can could sue me  before
a court in US but at the first glance
Europe is far away....any thoughts?

Andreas