[ZODB-Dev] Blobs revisited...

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Oct 4 15:56:46 EDT 2005

FYI,

Last week, Christian Theune and I muscled the elderly ctheune-
blobsupport-branch of ZODB into shape to work again against the ZODB
trunk.

We ran into some "interesting" issues with supporting savepoints
(difficult to do efficiently with blobs, so we didn't try), I added
some somewhat suspect code to support blobs using a TmpStore, and we
as always need to write some more tests, but it works and the result
is on the blob-merge-branch of ZODB in SVN.

We also created a Zope branch to handle the ZODB head.  Namely, we
used multidatabase support.  This is in the zodb-blobs-branch of Zope
in SVN.  This basically consisted of ripping out old DBTab code and
replacing it with calls into ZODB's multidatabase support.  It also
works.

I'm still working on this in my downtime.  If anyone else is
interested in helping out, let me know!

- C