[ZODB-Dev] Weird errors with Zope 2.7.7

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 07:54:19 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
>>-            self._log.error(msg)
>>+            self._log.error(msg,exc_info=True)
>>             raise ConnectionStateError(msg)
>
> I mind -- the change is stupid:
>
>   Because you are not in an exception handler, "exc_info=True"
>   cannot provide meaningful information -- there is no
>   exception that can be presented...

Yes, true *sigh*

I guess I'm looking for a show_stack option...

Tim, how would I go about getting one of those added to Python?
(It's not much of a code change, but the process of getting it into
python seems a bit daunting from an outsiders perspective...)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk