[ZODB-Dev] Discrete synchronization with ZEO

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Apr 24 15:17:17 EDT 2006

Arve Knudsen wrote at 2006-4-23 22:44 +0300:
>I already use ZODB as a local persistency service for my Python
>application, now I'm considering ZEO as a distributed data source. The
>thing is I don't want to keep my local object cache synchronized at all
>times with the remote database, my application should only synchronize in
>a controlled operation and then work with the disconnected representation.

I fear the ZODB is not made for this use case.

Synchronization is in the form of invalidation messages
deeply embedded into the ZODB.
You may simply delay the invalidation messages and
thereby delay synchronization. However, you will problably
suffer from the lack of prefetching support and the need
to synchronize any modification immediately with the ZODB.

--
Dieter