[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZEO and Twisted

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue Apr 25 09:12:37 EDT 2006

[Ccing zodb-dev]

On 25 Apr 2006, at 15:09, David Pratt wrote:
>> The protocol is simple yes, but the iteractions w.r.t threading
>> are sometimes subtle.
>
> Hi Florent.  This could be set up using a twisted's application
> object so that you have a twisted app using a twisted .tac. I guess
> this could still use the .conf as in this but twisted already has a
> means of daemonizing its services with twisted. This would give you
> something like this to start up zeo.
>
> twistd -y zeo.tac
>
> What are your thoughts?

Huh, I thought you were talking about the ZEO client, ClientStorage,
not the ZEO server.
For the ZEO server I don't see the point of changing it, it works well.
OTOH a ClientStorage has to integrate with the other servers in Zope,
and that's the one that would benefit from being moved to the twisted
event loop if twisted is used.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com