[ZODB-Dev] RE: lost "implementer"

Tamas Hegedus hegedus at med.unc.edu
Mon Jan 23 10:50:20 EST 2006

Hi!

Somewhere I have red (in a blog) comparing java and python. If I
remember well the main reason to write that was the Boa (?) constructor
written by java programmers...

So: It states that Python packages should be as flat as possible (use
less names in the namespace (?)), since the name space is resolved
during running time not at compilation time in case of Python (or
something like that; I am not a programmer). So if you have a deeply
structured package (or more packages) you may suffer in performance at
runtime. (Boa is very slow; although it is use also a lot of 'reflection'.)

What are you comments?
Do you have some experience with performance problem using eggs (or very
'deep' packages?

My point of view: it would be great to have ZODB, ZOE, ZCatalog in
different eggs :-)

Tamas

--
Tamas Hegedus, PhD          | phone: (1) 919-966 0329
UNC - Biochem & Biophys     | fax:   (1) 919-966 5178
5007A Thurston-Bowles Bldg  | mailto:hegedus at med.unc.edu
Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-7248 | http://biohegedus.org