[ZODB-Dev] I need disconnected mode functionality, but i get ClientDisconnected exception

Mihai Ilinca muqker at muqker.com
Mon Jan 30 13:11:23 EST 2006

Hi.

I want to have a ClientStorage that would work in both connected and
disconnected (to zeo-server) mode. When zeo-server is not up (or reachable),
I would like ClientStorage to use a local cache. Is that possible with ZEO?

Right now I instanciate ClientStorage with
ClientStorage(
                                zeoServerAddress,
                                name = 'name',
                                client = 'client',
                                var = 'path',
                                wait = False
	)
When I try to access the attributes of the root persistent object (instance of
PersistentMapping) I get a ClientDisconnected exception:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZODB/Connection.py in setstate(self, obj)
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZODB/Connection.py in _setstate(self, obj)
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZEO/ClientStorage.py in load(self, oid,
version)
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZEO/ClientStorage.py in loadEx(self, oid,
version)
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZEO/ClientStorage.py in __getattr__(self,
attr)
ClientDisconnected:

I know that the client is disconnected, as zeo-server is not up, but how can I
make it so that I won't get this exception anymore, but instead have ZEO read
the persistent objects from the local cache, transparently?

Thanks.

-Mihai