[ZODB-Dev] I need disconnected mode functionality, but i get ClientDisconnected exception

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jan 31 15:10:11 EST 2006

Mihai Ilinca wrote at 2006-1-30 20:11 +0200:
>I want to have a ClientStorage that would work in both connected and
>disconnected (to zeo-server) mode. When zeo-server is not up (or reachable),
>I would like ClientStorage to use a local cache. Is that possible with ZEO?
>
>Right now I instanciate ClientStorage with
>ClientStorage(
>                                zeoServerAddress,
>                                name = 'name',
>                                client = 'client',
>                                var = 'path',
>                                wait = False
>	)
>When I try to access the attributes of the root persistent object (instance of
>PersistentMapping) I get a ClientDisconnected exception:

In principle, it should be possible (though I did not try it myself).

  Of course, as soon as you modify any object or have a cache
  miss on reading, the ZEO server will be contacted
  and you get a "ClientDisconnect" when this is impossible.

  "ClientStorage" does not support complete autonomous work
  (purly with a cache). All writes need to go directly to ZEO.

--
Dieter