[ZODB-Dev] Zeo and authentication....

Erik A. Dahl edahl at confmon.com
Mon Jan 30 17:02:57 EST 2006

I'm trying to get a zeo server to do authentication using the built-
in digest stuff.  I have poked around a bit and haven't found any
documentation on it.  Is there any?

I have tried adding the following to my zeo.conf where zeo.pw is a
htdigest password file:

   authentication-database $INSTANCE/etc/zeo.pw
   authentication-realm zenmon

After doing so I'm still able to connect to the server with no password.

Also don't see a way from zope (using the zeoclient section of the
config) to add a username and password (I do see this in
ZEO.ClientStorage though).

Any thoughts or pointers to some documentation would be great!

Thanks,
-EAD