[ZODB-Dev] Zeo and authentication....

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 01:25:56 EST 2006

[Erik A. Dahl]
> I'm trying to get a zeo server to do authentication using the built-in
> digest stuff.  I have poked around a bit and haven't found any
> documentation on it.  Is there any?

Sorry, not that I know of.  Remnants of the original proposal seem to be
here, and you may be able to glean good clues by following its links:

    http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Wikis/ZODB/AuthZEO

> I have tried adding the following to my zeo.conf where zeo.pw is a
> htdigest password file:
>
>    authentication-database $INSTANCE/etc/zeo.pw
>    authentication-realm zenmon
>
> After doing so I'm still able to connect to the server with no password.
>
> Also don't see a way from zope (using the zeoclient section of the
> config) to add a username and password (I do see this in
> ZEO.ClientStorage though).
>
> Any thoughts or pointers to some documentation would be great!

I think you'll have better luck doing a search on:

    ZEO authentication

For example, Google's top hit will take you to a seemingly successful
discussion from last October on a Zope mailing list.