[ZODB-Dev] Extenuated memory

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Fri Mar 24 08:25:06 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 02:20:06PM +0100, Antonio Beamud Montero wrote:
| > | I think I will remove ZODB from my server and use a SQL Object mapper
| > | like SQLObject to see if I can get an stable server, or the dbapi
| > | directly.. my experience with ZODB and threads has been a nightmare :(
| > |
| > | A lot of thanks for your help, but this server is in a production/stable
| > | system, and use unstable systems give me fear... (what's the next
| > | problem?)
| >
| > Note that SQLObject has it's internal 'cache' of objects, and if you
| > don't handle that carefully you might end up with memory bloat just as well!
| >

| Ok, first I'll make stress tests to check that, and with the raw
| dbapi... if this problems continues I'll change to other
| language... :-( (I've been using python for last 6 years, but with this
| problems I cannot continue using it...)

Don't let yourself be turned down so quickly.

All languages and all their tools have their 'problems'. If you don't
understand how they work or what they do you will never be able to
write a system that performs well and has good memory management.

No language or tool will 'magically' give you that, no matter what
others say *wink*.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, Inc.