[ZODB-Dev] Extenuated memory

Antonio Beamud Montero antonio.beamud at linkend.net
Fri Mar 24 08:40:46 EST 2006

El vie, 24-03-2006 a las 10:25 -0300, Sidnei da Silva escribió:
> | > |
> Don't let yourself be turned down so quickly.

> All languages and all their tools have their 'problems'. If you don't
> understand how they work or what they do you will never be able to
> write a system that performs well and has good memory management.

well, I have read a lot of python internals, but now I haven't any way
to solve the memory management without a patch over the interpreter,
i.e. something like:

zodb.forceGC()

to force the garbage collector to free the unused memory...

My only hope is to apply the 2.5a1 patch and wait to works...

> No language or tool will 'magically' give you that, no matter what
> others say *wink*.

Yes, but I need something more predictable, not by use a DB (as ZODB) in
the correct way, my memory starts to grow without control... finally I
think I'll return to C :-)

Greetings