[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-Annce] Technical Preview of Blob support in ZODB

Julien Anguenot ja at nuxeo.com
Tue May 23 20:22:54 EDT 2006

Fred Drake wrote:
> On Thursday 18 May 2006 14:34, Fred Drake wrote:
>> Have there been any new features since 3.6? I wonder if maintaining
>> yet another branch can be avoided.
>
> On 5/20/06, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
>> I dunno; I just follow the pattern. ;-)
>
> Ok, I took a (very quick) look at the differences between the 3.6 and
> 3.7 branches; there are definately differences.  I don't pretend to
> really understand these changes:
>
> - addAfterCommitHook added to ITransaction

I posted a little blog about the motivations over there if you're
interested :

http://blogs.nuxeo.com/sections/blogs/julien_anguenot/2006_01_06_zodb-3-7-after-commit

We are using it in several production instances at Nuxeo for a while now
without any problem so I guess we could declare it stable for our use cases.

[...]

> So we do need a 3.7 branch after all.  :-(

I would be more concerned about the amount of entries in the changelog
for this 3.7 branch...

For the original topic (i.e : the ZODB blobs), we didn't found the time
to play with it, until now, at Nuxeo to give any feedbacks.

Cheers,

	J.

--
Julien Anguenot | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
Open Source ECM - www.nuxeo.com