[ZODB-Dev] We need to pay down debt

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:33:17 EDT 2006

On 10/5/06, Dmitry Vasiliev <lists at hlabs.spb.ru> wrote:
> What do you think about to use an API documentation tool, epydoc
> (http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/) for example? Unfortunately I haven't used it
> myself yet, but the examples looks promising (for example:
> http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/api/epydoc.apidoc.VariableDoc-class.html).

I've played with Epydoc 2 a little; it's nice, but as Jim noted, the
markup can be a little heavy.

Early versions of Epydoc 3 have been released, which should solve some
of the problems by supporting docstrings for variables directly rather
than requiring they be embedded in module and class docstrings.  I
think there's supposed to be some support for interfaces as well,
which, potentially, would be enormously helpful for any Zope-related
code.

I've not had a chance to play with the new version, though, so can't
speak from experience on that.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca