[ZODB-Dev] Re: Anybody using ZODB with no calls to fsync in production?

David Binger dbinger at mems-exchange.org
Thu Oct 12 21:28:09 EDT 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:

> +1.  Sessions might be a good example of a storage using
> 'fsync-behavior=None':  you would get the speedup, and the ability to
> survive a restart, without needing to treat the data as "precious".

This is an interesting point, and it makes me wonder if
there would be interest having the fsync behavior vary on
a per-transaction basis instead of a per-storage basis.
Maybe the client submitting transactions that are just
Session-like changes could include a message to the server
indicating that this transaction is not precious.