[ZODB-Dev] Cleaning up storage interfaces

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Apr 24 13:16:27 EDT 2007

I'm finally trying to clean up the storage interfaces.  I have a
question.  I'll probably have more later, but I'm going to deal with
them one by one rather than trying to save them up.

Does anyone know if getSerial is used for anything?  I suspect that
it is an old name for getTid and would like to remove it in favor of
getTid.

In particular, it's plumbed through the storage and client servers,
but I can't see any evidence that people are using it.

I'm going to remove it on the trunk.  If I'm wrong, I can add it back
later.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org