[ZODB-Dev] ExportImport.py: failing on import of extension class

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Apr 26 11:24:41 EDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 11:17 AM, Paul Winkler wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 10:51:55AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Old-style extension classes become new-style classes in Zope 2.8 and
>> later.  Extension Classes *are* new stype classes in Zope 2.8 and
>> beyond.
>
> That's what I thought. But my .zexp came from Zope 2.7.8 instance, and
> I'm loading it in a Zope 2.7.9 instance.

Ah.

> I see two possibilities:
>
> * the guy who told me it came from 2.7.8 was wrong.
> Does the evidence support this?
>
> * something else is wrong
> Are there any known explanations in this category?

<shrug />

If you want to pursue this further, I suggest getting a hold of the
database record (e.g. using our friend the debugger) and running it
through one of the xml pickle variants
to see if you get any additional clues about what's going on.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I would have to spend time looking
a the specific case and I can't spend that time.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org