[ZODB-Dev] adding mount points

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Dec 18 08:54:04 EST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007, at 4:42 AM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a project that needs to do mass hosting of zope
> sites. I
> would like to have several site per zope instance, and to make a
> zodb mount
> point for each new site created to ease their maintenance.

ZODB doesn't have mount points -- depending on your definition of
mount point. It has multi-databases that coordinate connections.

> Is there a way to dynamically load new mount points on a ZODB to avoid
> relaunching the zope instance everytime a website is added ? (then
> reflecting the changes in zope.conf)

As Christian said, you can programatically add databases to a multi-
database.  See

   http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/src/ZODB/tests/multidb.txt?view=auto

> My guess is to override getConfiguration() in
> ZODBMountpoint.MountedObject
> but maybe i miss something ?

I don't know what ZODBMountpoint is. It's a part of ZODB.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation