[ZODB-Dev] adding mount points

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:02:50 EST 2007

ZODB doesn't have mount points -- depending on your definition of
mount point. It has multi-databases that coordinate connections.

> Is there a way to dynamically load new mount points on a ZODB to avoid
> relaunching the zope instance everytime a website is added ? (then
> reflecting the changes in zope.conf)

As Christian said, you can programatically add databases to a multi-
database.  See

   http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/src/ZODB/tests/multidb.txt?view=auto

</post>

ok thx

> My guess is to override getConfiguration() in
> ZODBMountpoint.MountedObject
> but maybe i miss something ?

I don't know what ZODBMountpoint is. It's a part of ZODB.
</post>

It's a small product we used some years ago to have
secondary DB files for subpaths in the tree,
but this approach seems deprecated with your answers.

++
Tarek