[ZODB-Dev] [ZEO] Storage error with big transactions.

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Feb 13 16:06:55 EST 2007

Andreas Jung wrote at 2007-2-12 18:25 +0100:
>This script fails badly during during the first commit() call. Is this a bug
>or feature? I am using Zope 2.10.2 on MacOSX Intel.

Looks like a bug.

Apparently, an invalidation message arrives at the ZEO client cache
for an object that is not in the cache.

Of course, this is a standard case and must be handled correctly
by the cache.

However in your (buggy) case, the object is not in the "FileCache"
(on disk) instance but "self.current" contains the object.
This inconsistency between the on disk state and the in memory state
causes the bug.

Looks like a "ZEO.cache.ClientCache" bug.

--
Dieter