[ZODB-Dev] breaking out the transaction module from ZODB

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Nov 9 08:41:22 EST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 8:31 AM, Chris McDonough wrote:
> It also contains TimeStamp, which will get moved out of persistent.

Why?

I don't see any uses of TimeStamp by the transaction package.  In
your new package, it is only used by its tests.

> The tests work (reqt's are downloaded) if you do "setup.py test -q"

Yawn.  IMO, the test command in setuptools is a waste of time,
because it doesn't work with anything else.

zope.interface is a real requirement.  It is already in test_requires.

Over time, we need to clean up the transaction tests so they don't
use ZODB.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton