[ZODB-Dev] breaking out the transaction module from ZODB

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Nov 9 15:21:56 EST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Chris McDonough wrote:
>> BTW, it would be nice to now remove the transaction package from
>> the ZODB trunk and make it a dependency.
>
> Yes.  ZODB's setup.py is polyglotic... it works if setuptools isn't
> installed.  I suspect it shouldn't continue to given that it now has
> an external egg dependency.

I've made changes to the ZODB setup.py and I've remove the
'transaction' directory from ZODB/src.  The changes also imply that
setuptools is required to run setup.py, and the 'transaction'
distribution is named as an install_requires dependency.  Setuptools
is now required to install the ZODB head.  I made a tag before I did
this at http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/tags/before_transaction_remove/ in
case I hosed anything in the process.

- C