[ZODB-Dev] Re: Simple Zope Question

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Oct 5 14:16:28 EDT 2007

Thusjanthan (Nathan) Kubendranathan wrote at 2007-10-4 11:10 -0700:
>To all my fellow zope experts,
>

>I am not very proficient in zope. I need to extract all the data from a
>data.fs (zope filesystem) into a database. Basically all it contains is
>users and notes about users etc. So it's a note taking system.
>

>So basically I am trying to recover some data from a zope.fs file and I have
>no clue how to get about it. How do I being to read the data from this file?
>So far I have the following:

"FileStorage" is too low level:

   At the "FileStorage" level, an object is described
   by an oid, a serial (i.e. a timestamp, when the object was
   written) and some opaque data.

   Only the "DB" level above knows that the opaque data
   consists usually of two pickles: one describing the class/type
   and the other describing the object state.

You may try to transfer your data via FTP/WebDAV from your Zope
to the filesystem. However, it will only work, if the objects
have decent FTP-Support (which may not be the case).

BTW: This mailing list is not very adequate for your question.
Please use "zope at zope.org" for followups.

--
Dieter