[ZODB-Dev] Database conflict error

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sun Apr 20 19:48:05 EDT 2008

ZODB uses an "optimistic concurrency" model to deal with simultaneous changes to
the same object from multiple connections.  In practice, this means your
software needs to be willing to retry requests when they fail due to one of
these errors.  Usually this means (in newer ZODBs), aborting the current
transaction and starting a new one, replaying the action that caused the ZODB to
fail with a conflict error.

- C