[ZODB-Dev] Re: Relstorage

Ben Mason ben at sharkbyte.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 05:10:57 EDT 2008

We're currently benchmarking RelStorage to see if it's a viable alternative
to ZEO.

We've come across the following problem: When trying to revert to an old
version of a page, we get a unicode error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 140, in __call__
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 196, in _exec
  Module None, line 22, in revertversion
   - <FSPythonScript at /plone/revertversion used for /plone/front-page>
   - Line 22
  Module Products.CMFEditions.CopyModifyMergeRepositoryTool, line 292, in
save
  Module Products.CMFEditions.CopyModifyMergeRepositoryTool, line 454, in
_recursiveSave
  Module Products.CMFEditions.ArchivistTool, line 288, in save
  Module Products.CMFEditions.ZVCStorageTool, line 232, in save
  Module Products.CMFEditions.ZVCStorageTool, line 391, in _applyOrCheckin
  Module Products.CMFEditions.ZVCStorageTool, line 505, in _encodeMetadata
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x80 in position 0:
ordinal not in range(128)

All that has been done here is... Click Edit on the front page of a clean
Plone site, click Save. Go to the History tab and click on 'Revert to this
revision'

This doesn't happen if we're using the traditional Data.fs way of storing
data.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

Ben