[ZODB-Dev] Completing ZEO authentication support

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Apr 23 11:58:56 EDT 2008

Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>> --On 23. April 2008 09:20:00 -0600 Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org
>>> Zope 2.11 will ship with ZODB 3.8 - not with 3.9.
>> I am suggesting we change that decision and simultaneously make ZODB
>> 3.9 only slightly different from ZODB 3.8.
>
> The ZODB trunk already has some significant changes from 3.8.

I'm sorry, I must have expressed the idea unclearly.  Here is what I am
suggesting:

1. Declare that the ZODB trunk is the future ZODB 3.10 rather than ZODB 3.9.

2. Create a ZODB 3.9 branch as an exact copy of ZODB 3.8.

3. Check in only a few minor patches to the new ZODB 3.9 branch.

4. Include the new, less-different ZODB 3.9 in Zope 2.11.

That way, Zope 2.11 can include some minor enhancements to ZODB that we
wouldn't be able to include if we shipped Zope 2.11 with ZODB 3.8 (since
ZODB 3.8 is already released).

The desire for this is driven by the view that it will be a long time
before we see another ZODB release.  I hope I don't have to wait years
to get my ZODB patch included.

Shane