[ZODB-Dev] Completing ZEO authentication support

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Apr 24 02:00:56 EDT 2008

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:

>>> I am suggesting we change that decision and simultaneously make
>>> ZODB  3.9 only slightly different from ZODB 3.8.
>>
>> The ZODB trunk already has some significant changes from 3.8.
>
> I'm sorry, I must have expressed the idea unclearly.  Here is what I
> am suggesting:
>
> 1. Declare that the ZODB trunk is the future ZODB 3.10 rather than
> ZODB 3.9.
>
> 2. Create a ZODB 3.9 branch as an exact copy of ZODB 3.8.
>
> 3. Check in only a few minor patches to the new ZODB 3.9 branch.
>
> 4. Include the new, less-different ZODB 3.9 in Zope 2.11.
>
> That way, Zope 2.11 can include some minor enhancements to ZODB that
> we wouldn't be able to include if we shipped Zope 2.11 with ZODB 3.8
> (since ZODB 3.8 is already released).

I think the onle proposed changes that would be in this new 3.9 are your
invalidation patch and my authentication patch, is that correct?
Considering the interest there appears to be in RelStorage that may make
a lot of sense - currently we need to monkey-patch ZODB to use
RelStorage and I'ld rather not have to do that.

Now I'ld love to have a release from current trunk as well to be able to
have an official release with blob support, but I understand that that
may not be realistic short term.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.