[ZODB-Dev] Completing ZEO authentication support

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Apr 23 12:06:52 EDT 2008

--On 23. April 2008 09:39:57 -0600 Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org>
wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>
>> --On 23. April 2008 09:20:00 -0600 Shane Hathaway
>> <shane at hathawaymix.org>  wrote:
>>> AFAIK, Jim is working on major ZODB changes for ZODB 3.9.  Could we move
>>> those major changes into ZODB 3.10 and create ZODB 3.9 with only modest
>>> feature enhancements, then use ZODB 3.9 with Zope 2.11?
>>
>> Zope 2.11 will ship with ZODB 3.8 - not with 3.9.
>
> I am suggesting we change that decision and simultaneously make ZODB 3.9
> only slightly different from ZODB 3.8.  I would not suggest this if Zope
> 2.11 were in beta, but it's still in alpha.

The changes in ZODB 3.9 would be necessary in order to make Relstorage work
out-of-the-box with Zope 2.11 (ZODB invalidation patch), right? I would be
happy to see Relstorage work out-of-the-box with Zope 2.11 since Relstorage
has a great potential. However the ZODB should be as little as possible and
of course backward compatible. Also have in mind that are already
installations running in production using the blob support of ZODB 3.8.
However the risks should be low and there must be a consensus among the
core developer.
Andreas