[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage in ZODB 3.8? (was Completing ZEO authentication support)

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Apr 23 12:14:50 EDT 2008

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 23. April 2008 09:39:57 -0600 Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>> --On 23. April 2008 09:20:00 -0600 Shane Hathaway
>>> Zope 2.11 will ship with ZODB 3.8 - not with 3.9.
>> I am suggesting we change that decision and simultaneously make ZODB 3.9
>> only slightly different from ZODB 3.8.  I would not suggest this if Zope
>> 2.11 were in beta, but it's still in alpha.
>
> The changes in ZODB 3.9 would be necessary in order to make Relstorage work
> out-of-the-box with Zope 2.11 (ZODB invalidation patch), right? I would be
> happy to see Relstorage work out-of-the-box with Zope 2.11 since Relstorage
> has a great potential. However the ZODB should be as little as possible and
> of course backward compatible. Also have in mind that are already
> installations running in production using the blob support of ZODB 3.8.
> However the risks should be low and there must be a consensus among the
> core developer.

I agree.  Even if Jim approves the patch or a variation of it, I am a
little hesitant to include the patch in ZODB 3.8 simply because to do so
could be considered a violation of release policy (it is a new feature,
after all).  However, a consensus among the core ZODB developers could
override that policy.

Shane