[ZODB-Dev] Completing ZEO authentication support

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Apr 24 04:50:18 EDT 2008

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> I think the onle proposed changes that would be in this new 3.9 are your
>
> Scratch the proposal--I suggested it when I didn't realize Zope 2.11b1
> was already out.
>
>> invalidation patch and my authentication patch, is that correct?
>> Considering the interest there appears to be in RelStorage that may
>> make a lot of sense - currently we need to monkey-patch ZODB to use
>> RelStorage and I'ld rather not have to do that.
>
> Minor correction: the patch is a normal patch rather than a monkey
> patch.  I don't think a monkey patch is appropriate for this.

Right, I misremembered. Right now for deployments have to patching the
ZODB shipped with Zope to be able to use RelStorage. I thought we do
that using a monkey patch, but we appear to be doing that using a
buildout recipe instead.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.