[ZODB-Dev] Completing ZEO authentication support

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Apr 24 04:47:47 EDT 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> I think the onle proposed changes that would be in this new 3.9 are your

Scratch the proposal--I suggested it when I didn't realize Zope 2.11b1
was already out.

> invalidation patch and my authentication patch, is that correct?
> Considering the interest there appears to be in RelStorage that may make
> a lot of sense - currently we need to monkey-patch ZODB to use
> RelStorage and I'ld rather not have to do that.

Minor correction: the patch is a normal patch rather than a monkey
patch.  I don't think a monkey patch is appropriate for this.

> Now I'ld love to have a release from current trunk as well to be able to
> have an official release with blob support, but I understand that that
> may not be realistic short term.

What might be more realistic is to get Zope releases back on a regular
schedule, so that changes don't have to wait so long.  But that's a
topic for a different mailing list.

Shane