[ZODB-Dev] RFC: External Garbage Collection

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Dec 16 17:11:29 EST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 5:46 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:

> I've posted a new proposal:
>
>   http://wiki.zope.org/ZODB/ExternalGC
>
> That addresses multi-database garbage collection and can also be
> useful in other situations.
>
> Comments are welcome.  Absent objections, I may start working on this
> fairly soon.

I've updated the proposal.  I've simplified the API quite a bit.  I
realized that we didn't need the methods for iterating over objects
and object revisions, since we can use the existing storage iteration
API and because, for FileStorage, simply iterating over the storage
will more efficient.  (It's possible that, at some time in the future,
there could be an advantage for an iterator for oid/tid pairs that
returns values in an order defined for the storage.)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation