[ZODB-Dev] what could cause this kind of cache corruption?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Jul 31 11:33:35 EDT 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 17:23 , Chris Withers wrote:
> I didn't realise (and I've done it often and never experienced this
> in the past) than running a zopectl run script from the same
> instance home as a running client could result in ZEO client cache
> corruption.
>
> Should this be the case?

Sounds logical to me. The running instance and your zopectl run-script
work in the same space with identical configurations, so both will
start using the same ZEO cache file. To me this sounds like a recipe
for disaster. You should run your script in a dedicated instance home
used for that purpose.

jens