[ZODB-Dev] what could cause this kind of cache corruption?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 11:37:18 EDT 2008

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> Sounds logical to me. The running instance and your zopectl run-script
> work in the same space with identical configurations, so both will start
> using the same ZEO cache file. To me this sounds like a recipe for
> disaster. You should run your script in a dedicated instance home used
> for that purpose.

Hmmm, like I said, I do this often and have never had problems before.

However, I suspect the difference-that-makes-a-difference is the
persistent cache files. With non-persistent cache files, iirc, the files
are stored in /tmp as temp files under unique names, so this kind of
problem can't happen.

Can anyone confirm my guesswork?

cheers,

Chris