[ZODB-Dev] ANSWER to ZODB does not save transaction

tsmiller tsmiller at gnixterhouse.com
Mon Jun 2 18:47:38 EDT 2008

ZODB group,

I posted earlier concerning the fact that the ZODB was inconsistent when
saving by books.  I have a 'PREVIEW' option where the user can preview the
book before saving.  In this preview I change the database, but do not
commit the transaction. ( I thought I could keep the database from growing
so much) So when the user does choose to save the book AFTER viewing the
preview, apparently the unsaved transaction is conflicting with the new
wanted changes. I fixed the problem by committing the changes when the book
is previewed.  I do not really know why there is a conflict. I have learned
enough about the ZODB to use it in a very simple way.  After I get the ui
and flow of my app going then hopefully I can dig deeper into the database.
Thanks again.  Tom