[ZODB-Dev] ZODB + RelStorage FailOver

Maxence DUNNEWIND maxence at dunnewind.net
Wed Jun 4 17:17:09 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm working on some zope based cluster. The network schema can be found
at http://people.dunnewind.net/maxence/cluster3.png .
All the database part (the red/pink parts) are managed with postgresql
(with replication).
My problem is : I would that each zope server uses mainly one pgsql
server (like on the picture). Anyway, if one of the database server
fails, then I would than zope/zodb/relstorage switch to another database
server, and go back to his server when it will be back.

Any idea to make that with zodb/relstorage ?
At the moment, the only idea I have is to use an external check/watchdog
service which change the config file and reload zope in case of database
problem.

Best regards,

Maxence

--