[ZODB-Dev] Zeo Server as a single point of failure

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Mon Mar 10 22:28:48 EDT 2008

Christian Theune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 05:34:59PM -0500, Kenneth Miller wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>>      I'm currently developing my application ontop of zodb/zeo, and the
>>> idea of having the Zeo server the only single point of failure still
>>> bothers me. My question is, has anyone thought of any solutions for this.
>>> My idea was to have a few or more background processes that kept multiple
>>> servers synced and concurrent. Any thoughts?
>
> Just to make sure that all of the authors involved with anything here spoke
> up, please refer to the other two mails by Gary and Shane. ;)

Heh.

How is the ZEO RAID project going, anyway?  It seems like a good idea
and I don't think it actually depends on ZEO, does it?  For example, I
wonder if it's possible to create a RAID storage around a set of
RelStorage instances.

I got a report from one person who put RelStorage behind a ZEO server.
Apparently it works fine, though I haven't tried it myself.  Maybe we're
finally reaching the point where we can choose from several ZODB storage
components and connect them with ease.

Shane