[ZODB-Dev] Zeo Server as a single point of failure

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Mon Mar 10 22:47:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 08:28:48PM -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Christian Theune wrote:
>> Hi,

>> Just to make sure that all of the authors involved with anything here
>> spoke
>> up, please refer to the other two mails by Gary and Shane. ;)
>
> Heh.
>
> How is the ZEO RAID project going, anyway?  It seems like a good idea and I
> don't think it actually depends on ZEO, does it?  For example, I wonder if
> it's possible to create a RAID storage around a set of RelStorage
> instances.

We have alpha1 out there (see the zope.org repository) with full fail-over and
recover facilities.

We made some changes to the ZODB trunk to clean up some interfaces and make
ZEO support the more elaborate protocol details.

> I got a report from one person who put RelStorage behind a ZEO server.
> Apparently it works fine, though I haven't tried it myself.  Maybe we're
> finally reaching the point where we can choose from several ZODB storage
> components and connect them with ease.

Yes, reaching that stage would be nice.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany