[ZODB-Dev] Zeo Server as a single point of failure

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Tue Mar 11 11:48:47 EDT 2008

Hi Alan. I'm keeping the thread on the list since you raised the issue
here. There are several repositories of zope related code that exist
outside of svn.zope.org. I have made the decision to host
DirectoryStorage at sourceforge on the basis that I have committed to
maintaining and contributing to the project.

I volunteered to maintain the project since I saw it falling into
disrepair following two years without a single commit to the code base.
I have become the maintainer on the basis of an agreement with Tobi back
in January. This agreement permits me to relicense the code under my
choice of a ZPL or MIT license.

I cannot work with sources in zope repository since it would require a
contributor agreement with Zope Corp. I am unable to enter into this
agreement for the forseeable future. The zif collective
(zif.sourceforge.net) is a way that I may contribute back to the zope
community without the requirement of the agreement.

Anyone interested in DirectoryStorage is encouraged to participate in
its development since it is an open project that will be getting a more
liberal license. There will be something more to build upon once the egg
repackaging is released. It will be released under zif namespaced package.

Shane and I have a relationship since I was also a project admin for
PGStorage when it was located on sourceforge. There is nothing that
would prohibit our communication or collaboration on any future
development of DirectoryStorage. HTH.

Regards,
David