[ZODB-Dev] Re: Zeo Server as a single point of failure

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Mar 12 20:12:27 EDT 2008

Tres Seaver wrote:

> David Pratt wrote:
>> Hi Alan. I'm keeping the thread on the list since you raised the issue
>> here. There are several repositories of zope related code that exist
>> outside of svn.zope.org. I have made the decision to host
>> DirectoryStorage at sourceforge on the basis that I have committed to
>> maintaining and contributing to the project.
>>
>> I volunteered to maintain the project since I saw it falling into
>> disrepair following two years without a single commit to the code base.
>> I have become the maintainer on the basis of an agreement with Tobi back
>> in January. This agreement permits me to relicense the code under my
>> choice of a ZPL or MIT license.
>>
>> I cannot work with sources in zope repository since it would require a
>> contributor agreement with Zope Corp. I am unable to enter into this
>> agreement for the forseeable future. The zif collective
>> (zif.sourceforge.net) is a way that I may contribute back to the zope
>> community without the requirement of the agreement.
>
> You don't identify the problem(s) which prevent you from entering into
> that agreement:  we might be able to clarify or help resolve them if you
> did so.

Hi Tres. Any discussion of the ZCA will have to occur another day. I am
not seeking a way to enter the agreement or to resolve anything
publicly. Toby and I made these arrangements a couple months back and
have committed to ongoing communication.

It should be pointed out that users of the code will be getting releases
from a package index in future. More important than the location of the
repository is the fact the code will be eggified, maintained and there
will be future releases.

Regards,
David