[ZODB-Dev] anecdotal speed comparison with RelStorage

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Tue Mar 25 16:20:40 EDT 2008

Chris Withers wrote:
> FileStorage-over-ZEO managed the test in 3 mins 20 seconds
>
> Relatorage-to-Oracle managed the test in 3 mins 18 seconds

Cool, although it's not clear the storage speed had a major impact.  If
it did have a major impact, then the same test using plain FileStorage
or RelStorage on MySQL should reveal that.  MySQL was the clear leader
in my own performance tests, despite my efforts to make PostgreSQL or
Oracle win. ;)  I've seen evidence that RelStorage on MySQL even has a
chance of beating plain FileStorage in performance.

> I'd be really interested to try some tests with multiple ZEO clients
> attached to a FileStorage versus multiple RelStorage client attached to
> Oracle. I suspect Oracle would win ;-)

I am certainly interested in hearing the results of that test.

Shane